Can I perform lateral transfers with the Travrsa-LT?
Yes, it is easy to perform lateral transfers with the Travrsa-LT Transport Wheelchair.
How to safely perform a lateral transfer:
- Remove the upper lateral support and arm support closest to the passenger’s bed.
- Position the wheelchair next to the bed.
- Activate the rear wheel locks by pressing on the pad closest to the back of the wheelchair.
- Place the wheelchair in the fully reclined position.
- Use the foot pump to raise the wheelchair to the level of the passenger’s bed.
- Use a sheet or transfer board to slide the passenger from their bed into the wheelchair.
- Lower the wheelchair height by pressing and holding the front pad on the foot pump.
- After the wheelchair is in the lowest position, replace the upper lateral support and arm support and lock them into position.
- Raise the passenger from the reclined position and reposition them to their comfort.
For operators performing frequent lateral transfers, we recommend out Total Transport Package upgrade to the Travrsa-LT Transport Wheelchair. The Total Transport Package upgrade comes with our rolling lateral transfer board, which helps facilitate an easy transition from bed to wheelchair. It also includes our Pivot Assist System®, which allows the operator to easily maneuver the wheelchair in any direction, including side-to-side movement.